Sunday, December 18, 2011

NAMASTEY LAVENDER FARM

Before leaving the area I was determined to visit the local lavender farm, named Namastey, those who know me, know I love Lavender and I am a practitioner of Yoga which uses the universal sign of welcome - the Namastey !
Situated on the side of a sunny north facing hill, in a picturesque area where hills abounded, I had chosen the right time as the lavender was in flower and on alighting from our vehicle the sight and smell was beguiling.
On walking into The Lavender Shed I was delighted by the strong smell of lavender and consequently in my element.  We enjoyed a devonshire tea containing Lavender Scones, jam and cream and talked about the subject of Lavender in general and took a few photos, bought some of their distilled lavender oil.
I learned that as a plant gets older the heads of the flowers get shorter, and the penny dropped that I need to replace my bushes !

1 comment:

  1. Do you know your doing more posting than me!
    I hear your voice to when I read of your latest adventure.

    ReplyDelete