Wednesday, August 31, 2011

CONTINUING IN BROOME

To have our air con fixed cost $370 - but - it is a necessity in this type of heat.
So we continued to look at the sights of Broome - the famous Cable Beach - the setting of the sun - brilliant - much fishing by the boys - small fish caught and only 1 Bream that was of edible size - cooked whole in foil - guess who ate it ..mmmm.
J and I walked up and down Chinatown - ? not like other chinatowns I have seen, and I finally settled for a pearl at Linneys to hang on my good gold chain. I is v. happy it is beautiful, though I am too scared to wear it out here in the bush - will wait till life is a little less strenuous.
Our cara/park was in Roebuck Bay - which was a beautiful turquoise colour, we walked down to the front grassy row to enjoy it and along the rocky beach round to Town Beach, Carolyn and I explored while the fishermen were gone. There is much natural beauty around Broome, and the centre is very touristy - buuut we were there but a short time.
Carolyn and I booked a camel ride on Cable Beach - later in the afternoon - cooler with the sun beating down and the sea breeze off the rolling waves - our trusty er - steed was called Amos - he was a good boy and plodded along while we rejoiced in the experience, once again many photos were taken. The fisherman continued to fish - without result.


1 comment: